4-Week Online Workshop Series (September 2022)
Participants from around the globe tapped into their full creative potential by understanding what makes their creativity stand out and learning how their unique creative contributions connect to the world around them.
Session 01: Creativity & You – Unlock Your Creative Confidence
The first session provides a context for creativity, helping to differentiate between the creative process, creative practice, and a creative mindset. You are invited to explore your reasons for pursuing creativity and begin discovering what makes you unique. During this session, you will transform yourself into a Creative Superhero(ine)!
Session 02: Access Your Imagination – Grow Your Imagination Capacity
Learn practical methods to access your imagination space more quickly and then engage in ways to go deeper so you can uncover [im]possibilities. Session 2 also introduces basic futures thinking techniques to grow imagination capacity.
Session 03: Creativity In Action – Make Ideas Reality
This session is dedicated to opening the channels between creative thought (your ideas!) and creative action (making them a reality). Investigate how your current spaces, materials, and approach influence your creativity. In this session, you will practice using your hands to actively build ideas.
Session 04: Inspiration In Every Context – Connect Your Creativity to the World
Inspiration is all around you! Find out how your ideas are connected to the world around you and why your contributions matter. In the final session, you will also learn about your creative type and how to collaborate with different Imaginators.
Along your creative journey, you will…
- Rewrite worn-out narratives that hold you back from embracing a creative mindset.
- Overcome creative blocks with exercises that move you out of your comfort zone.
- Access imagination space more quickly with practical creative prompts that expand your exploration space to the [im]possible.
- Develop making skills that exercise your capacity to move the imagined into the real world.
- Understand your creative type and honour the different creative types that contribute to the collaboration process making room for all levels of creativity. Identify different contexts for your creative contributions and connect your unique creativity to the world around you.
- Create space for creativity, one that fosters the creative process and enhances co-creation experiences with teams.
Participant Results & Insights
Over the course of four working sessions, and the four weeks to digest and practice creative methods between sessions, this powerful intimate group of creatives built trust with one another that extends far beyond the workshop. At the end of our classroom journey together participants felt the magic of their collective creative momentum and suggested we stay connected each month to support and celebrate one another through the creative struggle.
Open collaboration and active learning methods that include creative sprints and open discussions celebrate the learner and open space for students to build solid trust, an essential element to co-creation environments and creative motivation.