Creative Struggle is Real
"This is a vibrant and awakening instruction manual for people who are really ready to do the work to get unstuck."Chelsea C. Hayes, SPHR, CEO, The Coaching Factory
"There is so much to commend Blondin’s wonderful guide to recapturing your creative mojo. The activities, peppered throughout, ‘hold space’ for the reader to play and experiment with new ways of working, and help turn intentions into creative actions.Sarah Campbell, Associate Director for Arts and Culture, University of Exeter (UK)
About the book
Creativity is the new buzzword. From business leaders to artists and entrepreneurs, everyone is looking for ways to tap into their creativity and find solutions to pressing problems. Sounds easy enough, but the road to creativity is a difficult one. Distractions and noise can block inspiration, leading to frustration and wasted time.
Creative Struggle is Real is an interactive journey with creative guidance and making tools to bring you closer to your unique creative capacities so you will never shy away from your creative genius again.
While the creative struggle may be inevitable, it doesn’t have to feel impossible. The book is organised into three parts: Defining Your Creative Context, Designing Your Creative Practice, and Maintaining Your Creative Momentum.
- A practical guide to help you define creativity, put you in action, and design a creative practice that supports your creativity for the long term.
- For creative professionals and “non-creatives” working with creative teams who want to make a positive impact and gain the connections and recognition they seek from team members and co-creators.
- Learn to reach your full creative potential.
Take a look inside:
About the Author
Holly Blondin is an experienced creative consultant and design strategist with an MBA in marketing and entrepreneurship and a BFA in musical theatre performance. She has taught Strategic Design and Management at Parsons School of Design and independently develops and facilitates multidisciplinary creativity workshops, design thinking, and innovation programs for clients worldwide. As a lifelong creative practitioner herself, she knows just how real the creative struggle truly is. A native Michigander turned New Yorker; Holly now calls Barcelona home.
How It Works
- Subscribe and receive your Creative Practice Welcome Kit
- Creative Bites are conveniently delivered to your doorstep Sundays at 6:30 EST
- 7 Days, 7 Ways — dedicate 5-20 minutes a day to your Bite of the week