Develop your creative life – one creative ‘Bite’ at a time!
A free weekly subscription to creative prompts and tips.
Creativity Takes Practice
To be creative, you have to do creative. Whether you are new to exercising your creative muscles every day or you are a seasoned creative practitioner, everyone can benefit from a creative practice.
Creative Bites will help you discover the creative tools that fit you best and show you that you already possess everything you need to be creative.
Who Should Subscribe to ‘Creative Bites’
- Individuals seeking a deeper connection with themselves and others
- People who yearn for more ways to play, engage, and express themselves
- Teachers, managers, and directors can use Creative Bites to reignite their own creativity while also introducing students, faculty, and teams to creative tools
- Anyone collaborating with creative teams who struggles to speak the language of “creative” or feels pressure to deliver fresh ideas
How It Works
- Subscribe and receive your Creative Practice Welcome Kit
- Creative Bites are conveniently delivered to your doorstep Sundays at 6:30 EST
- 7 Days, 7 Ways — dedicate 5-20 minutes a day to your Bite of the week
Practice & Apply
The more you practice developing your creative capacities the easier it becomes to apply your creativity to your life.
Take a look at this example – Revisit, Repurpose, Reinvent -to see how simple it is to begin a creative practice. Learn why your contributions matter and how to reflect on your creative process.
“I use ‘Creative Bites’ as creative warm-ups in my classroom. The prompts energize the students. They are more engaged in the lessons.”
– Mindy Doychich, K-12 Teacher Chicago Public Schools –
More Tips & Creative Happenings
Reenergize your creative practice
Does your classroom need a creative reboot? Teachers, are you looking for ways to energize your own creative capacities? Parents, have you considered sharing creativity with your children? Find new creative energy as you unlock possibilities … [Read More...] about Reenergize your creative practice
7 Days, 7 Ways
7 Days, 7 Ways Maximize Your Creativity In Only One Week Each week is a fresh start for you to create something new and learn about yourself in the process. Keep your creative practice simple and focus only on the next seven days in front of you. … [Read More...] about 7 Days, 7 Ways
What Is A ‘Creative Practice’?
What Is A 'Creative Practice'? Define Yours - Explore these 5 approaches Every day the world is demanding you to be more creative -- at work, at home, and in your life. Everywhere you turn you are faced with a new responsibility to 'be' … [Read More...] about What Is A ‘Creative Practice’?
for Designers and Non-Designers
Meet and interact with active designers in the field.
Let’s make space for open collaborative discussions about anything and everything design. The aim of the discussions is to connect designers from around the globe and cross-pollinate design specialties, experiences, expertise, and knowledge.
We are all designers.
Non-designers are encouraged to join the conversation so we can learn from you, too. Together we can develop spaces for design to take place — anywhere and at all levels!
Discussions are on Zoom:
12h -13h EST, (9h PST, 18h CET, 21:30 IST)
Reserve your space in the conversation
The zoom link will be sent to you.
Wed 22 September – Kick-off and Introductions.
Calling all designers. Why Design?
Wed 27 October – Challenges for Design Leaders.
What are the greatest challenges for design in your current context?
Wed 17 November – Storytelling.
Why is “design” so difficult to explain? How might we create new narratives about “design” and “designers”? And why do we want to?
Wed 15 December – Design Coalitions.
How can we create space for design to happen? How do we include non-designers in the design process? Where and when do we cross-pollinate?
Begin by following me
- September – design
- October – education
- November – creativity & entrepreneurship
- December – arts, literacy, and thinking
Some CTA here
Summer Bites 60 Day Creative Challenge
Together, we built our creative momentum over a 60 day period using a creative word each day to launch the creative process. There were no rules on your choice of medium. Instead, the aim of the challenge was on the creative process and pushing ourselves to think differently.
Over the 9-week journey we worked on developing our creative capacities with a new focus each week:
- Week 1: Making the commitment; Starting from where you are
- Week 2: Trying new creative tools & exploring dormant creative channels
- Week 3: Sharing your creative stories
- Week 4: Rejuvenation & Reflection
- Week 5: Embracing an interdisciplinary approach
- Week 6: Taking creative risks
- Week 7: Investigation & Being Curious
- Week 8: Building Endurance
- Week 9: Maintain Your Momentum
You can follow me on Instagram to see what developed
Begin the challenge yourself — click here to access the list of word prompts.